Welcome to the TechsUnite group at Yahoo! Groups. TechsUnite is an online community dedicated to discussing, organizing and mobilizing around workplace and public policy issues of concern to information technology workers.
The intent of this list is to create an online community in which IT workers, often of very differing views or political perspectives, can discuss issues of shared concern in a useful and productive manner. We value and encourage debate and discussion, sometimes pointed, from all political viewpoints. But we find flame-fests and round-after-email-round of "me too" postings to be tedious and a waste of time. With this in mind, we have the following basic list guidelines:
- No incessant name-calling.
- No personal attacks.
- Please refrain from "me too" postings that add nothing to a discussion.
- We have zero tolerance for threats of violence, joking or not, on our list against any other subscribers or non-subscribers.
Repeated violations of any list guidelines are grounds for being unsubscribed and banned from our list.
We believe in the power of collective action to effect positive change in our industry. We seek to join together -- across companies, job categories, states, and countries -- to identify issues of shared concern and then collaborate, organize and mobilize around those issues. We invite you to join this online forum, contribute to the discussions, and join us as we work together to build a better future for IT workers.
Regards and Enjoy!
This YahooGroup is operated and moderated independent of any union, non-profit organization, membership-based organization or company. The owners and moderators of this group respect your privacy and will not sell, give, rent or otherwise share the membership list or subscriber list of this group, or any subset thereof, with any other organization, business entity or individuals.
- May 21, 2003
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Not listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.