RE: [CalHauntSNorCal] Need Ideas For Animated Scarecrow Prop

  • Daniel Neumansky
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 11, 2012
      Okay so I think I have more of an idea about what I want to do for my first
      complicated animated prop.

      Big scarecrow on his uh,..cross..(happy Easter!!) with a talking pumpkin on
      one side.

      When someone comes close but not right under the scarecrow that would
      trigger the talking pumpkin to do its spiel.

      Then when they got right underneath it the scarecrow would trigger.

      I'm thinking that for the scarecrows movement he could bend down from the
      waist and his free arm (the one not holding the pumpkin) could reach forward
      like it's trying to grab someone and he could trash about a bit like he's
      trying to break the chains holding him down.

      So, that's two cylinders probably that need to be controlled along with the
      audio for the scare crow.

      The talking pumpkin I think would need two separate audio tracks; a click
      track to make his mouth move correctly that you don't hear and the actual
      audio that you would hear.

      A loooong time ago I remember seeing how-to's for turning the Dougy Firs
      into talking tombstones but I cannot find the tutorial now?

      As far as I know no one has ever turned the Dougies into a talking pumpkin?
      Does anybody know if this has been done before?

      Now, given the above, does that help anybody suggest a microprocessor?

      Thanks again,

      Daniel