File - Rules

  • Technical_Insanity@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 129 , Mar 1, 2011
      Please keep in mind this is a technical list, not a chat group, if thats what you seek, join a list like Halloween-L.

      Of course a certain amount of banter is acceptable within the replies of your post. Don't just blurt out - me too, or agreed - I believe you get the point.

      Subject lines:
      Remember to change the subject line if you are straying from the original thread. Please change the subject line if you are on digest, as "Digest 1044" means nothing to anyone.
      If you want an answer to a question, use a descriptive subject line. "Help Me" is bad subject line. "Casting small parts" is a good subject line.
      Subject lines affect whether or not people even read your message, and affect people searching the archives for help at a later date.

      Trim messages:
      Especially if you are receiving messages in digest form. By the same token, quote enough so we know what you are responding to.

      Please do -NOT- post virus warnings. This has been hashed to death on other lists.

      Regarding "For Sale" items. You may make general Items for sale announcements. OT sale ads, links, uploads, etc. will be treated as spam and may result in your removal from the list and ban.

      Reasons for banning include:
      NO FLAMING (arguing, belittling other members, intimidating others, and harassment), period.
      No Foul Language, this is a group with members of all ages.
      No Shouting (posts in all caps).
      Spamming the message board, links and or files pages of our
      group, spammers will be treated with all the respect they deserve.
      No politics - PERIOD
      Ignoring previous warnings - this really ticks me off - you will immediately be moderated.
      Regularly acting in an inappropriate manner.

      When you see a post with ADMINISTRATORS WARNING in the subject, drop it, no comments, no rebuttals, just let it go, further posts in response after an ADMINISTRATOR WARNING will result in a ban, with no warning.

      If you have any doubt about sending a post because you are concerned its a chit chat or blurt, sit on it a for a while, review it, and then post if you absolutely think its useful to the rest of the group.
      Please refrain from off-topic (non prop related) posting.

      Please keep a copy of this in your TI messages folder for future reference.

      They are coming to take me away...

      Gorey Minion
      Owner/Moderator
      Technical Insanity