Re: [Technical_Insanity] Linear servos from Servocity

  • Dennis Griesser
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 13 10:04 AM
      I haven't used this, but from the specs, it isn't a complete
      servomechanism. It is a drive train that you can power as you wish, and
      the potentiometer for feedback. But it won't act like a normal servo
      (pulse-width positioning) without some added electronics.

      - Jack of Shadows

      Brian Warner wrote:

      > I am going to build a prop that can't use pneumatic cylinders
      > unfortunately due to request. Is anyone familiar with the linear
      > servos from servocity?
      > http://www.servocity.com/html/115_lbs__thrust__linear_actuat.html
      > <http://www.servocity.com/html/115_lbs__thrust__linear_actuat.html>
      >
      > I have purchased normal servos from them before with no problems. I
      > was just wondering if anyone had specifically used this item.
      > Brian Warner

    • Brian Warner
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 13 10:09 AM
        Thats all i was looking for, an electrical replacement for pneumatic cylinders. I am not even going to use the feedback, although I could.
         Brian Warner
        Evilusions LLC
        440-655-5796
        www.evilusions.com

        ________________________________

        Brian Warner wrote:

        > I am going to build a prop that can't use pneumatic cylinders
        > unfortunately due to request. Is anyone familiar with the linear
        > servos from servocity?
        > http://www.servocity.com/html/115_lbs__thrust__linear_actuat.html
        > <http://www.servocit y.com/html/ 115_lbs__ thrust__linear_ actuat.html>
        >
        > I have purchased normal servos from them before with no problems. I
        > was just wondering if anyone had specifically used this item.
        > Brian Warner

      • David Bell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 13 10:14 AM
          I would be concerned about actuator speed, if you are replacing
          pneumatics. A small motor like that and 100+ pounds force suggest a
          high gear ratio and slow travel.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jun 13, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Brian Warner <deathstoofaraway666@...
          > wrote:

          > Thats all i was looking for, an electrical replacement for pneumatic
          > cylinders. I am not even going to use the feedback, although I could.
          > Brian Warner
          > Evilusions LLC
          > 440-655-5796
          > www.evilusions.com

        • Brian Warner
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 13 11:31 AM
            I am aware. the 1/2" / sec speed at full load will be fast enough for this item. I am building robotic arms to pick apart it's victim, so slow is fine.

            Thanks
             Brian Warner
            Evilusions LLC
            440-655-5796