RE: [Technical_Insanity] Re: Making wood look like stone?

  • Kimberly Rae
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2004
      wow i sound so low tech... but on my tombstones i put
      a thick layer of gray exterior paint and then spread
      sand over that. when it dried i sponged on darker
      gray, white and black paint. i tought it looked
      pretty good anyway. theres a pic of one here

      http://kimberly73438.tripod.com/index.html

      http://fast.horrorseek.com/halloween/witchypoo/facade.htm

      > PerfessorEvil
      > www.perfessorevil.com
      > "All's Fair in Blood and Gore"
      > www.hauntproject.com
      > "Your visual source for Haunting How-To's"

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Kimberly Rae
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 5, 2004
        the only thing i wish i would have done different was
        to dip all my burlap in the monster mud. the smaller
        pieces were easier and they set up harder. the large
        piece was too big to dip in my bucket so i painted it
        on. didn't set up nearly as hard as the rest. but i
        would have needed a really big container, prob. one of
        those rubbermaid bins. thats about the only tip i can
        think of. oh, that and make sure your supports are
        really stable. mine evidentally slipped somehow and
        he leans forward. im going to have to make a wedge to
        slip underneath his base. other then that, it was
        alot easier then i thought it was going to be. all
        the neighborhood kids gathered around in the front
        yard and watched me make a mess. it was pretty fun.

        --- Dave Sadler <utrocketman@...> wrote:

        > Kimberly,
        > They look good to me. I have found that low tech
        > where ever possible is
        > best.
        > I have not yet done any monster mud. I wanted to try
        > some this year do you
        > have any tips?
        > Dave

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Dave Sadler
          wow i sound so low tech... but on my tombstones i put
          a thick layer of gray exterior paint and then spread
          sand over that. when it dried i sponged on darker
          gray, white and black paint. i tought it looked
          pretty good anyway. theres a pic of one here

          http://kimberly73438.tripod.com/index.html

          --- PerfessorEvil <perfessr@...> wrote:

          > Witchypoo used this method with her dungeon walls.

          http://fast.horrorseek.com/halloween/witchypoo/facade.htm

          > PerfessorEvil
          > www.perfessorevil.com
          > "All's Fair in Blood and Gore"
          > www.hauntproject.com
          > "Your visual source for Haunting How-To's"

        • Kit
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 5, 2004
            Kimberly, your monster mud guy looks great! Thanx for sharing the picture and the hint about dipping vs. painting it on. I think he looks cooler leaning forward though.
            Lady Kit

            the only thing i wish i would have done different was
            to dip all my burlap in the monster mud. the smaller
            pieces were easier and they set up harder. the large
            piece was too big to dip in my bucket so i painted it
            on. didn't set up nearly as hard as the rest. but i
            would have needed a really big container, prob. one of
            those rubbermaid bins. thats about the only tip i can
            think of. oh, that and make sure your supports are
            really stable. mine evidentally slipped somehow and
            he leans forward. im going to have to make a wedge to
            slip underneath his base. other then that, it was
            alot easier then i thought it was going to be. all
            the neighborhood kids gathered around in the front
            yard and watched me make a mess. it was pretty fun.

            --- Dave Sadler <utrocketman@...> wrote:

            > Kimberly,
            > They look good to me. I have found that low tech
            > where ever possible is
            > best.
            > I have not yet done any monster mud. I wanted to try
            > some this year do you
            > have any tips?
            > Dave

            http://mail.yahoo.com