Fwd: Your News

  • Michael Clark
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2013
      -----Original Message-----
      From: News :: WorldOutgames 2013 Antwerp <news@...>
      To: mrmichaelclark@...
      Sent: Tue, Jun 25, 2013 12:19 am
      Subject: Your News

      WorldOutgames News

      June 2013

      Opening of the worldOutgames Saturday 3 August

      Great news! We’ve changed our location for the opening ceremony from the Gedempte Zuiderdokken to the Waagnatie (Rijnkaai 150, 2000 Antwerp). This has many advantages for you. We’ll be by the waterfront, so very romantic seeing the sun set while the athletes enter country by country.

      We’ll be within walking distance of the Rainbow Village, so you can have your pre-opening cocktail before joining us at the Waagnatie.
      But the best news is that the Waagnatie is also next to our opening party ‘Fabulous’ with great artists and DJ’s like Alcazar, DJ Andrei Stan, DJ Dimitri D’Anvers and DJ 2 Empress. Athletes can start gathering from 18.00 hours: meet old buddies from previous editions, get your picture taken by our friends from the internationally acclaimed NOH8 campaign and be ready to cheer our prime minister Elio Di Rupo, who will officially open the games.

      Be part of creating history: our human-rights conference to adopt the Antwerp Guidelines

      'From Safe Harbours to Equality.' With this title the conference (31 July – 2 August) on LGBT Human Rights will discuss and adopt a final document: THE ANTWERP GUIDELINES. Around 300 delegates, representing more than 50 countries, will gather for three days at the Antwerp Radisson Blu Astrid hotel and participate in six different panel discussions. The panels are : Migration and safety – Transitions and best practices – The role of 'progressives' in diverse changing societies – Sport and culture as vehicles for LGBT rights – The labour unions and LGBT rights – Health in the LGBT world.

      Five keynote speakers, on purpose non-LGBT people, will address the conference. Alice K’Nom, the opening speaker, is a Cameroon lawyer who has for years been defending the LGBT community in her country; Mayor of Reykjavik (Iceland) Jon Gnarr always stands up for our rights; Bernard Landry, former prime minister of Québec (Canada) changed a multiplicity of laws to achieve LGBT equality; Rudy De Leeuw, president of the Belgian Union FGTB-ABVV, has led the creation of LGBT groups within the trades unions, and Mayor Matti Herrera-Bower of Miami Beach will convey legacy of the conference to her city, which in 2017 will host the IVth WorldOutgames.

      Around 50 other panellists will discuss different themes. The outreach funding of the Conference will permit almost 50 people to come to Antwerp from African, Asian, South-American and Eastern European countries. If you want to be part of these inspiring three days, you still can register: http://woga2013.org/index.php/en/human-rights/registration-link

      Come party with us!

      Antwerp is ready to party with you. There will be seven official worldOutgames parties, so check for the logo you see on the right, so you know where the sporty and beautiful people will be!

      You can get yourself carried away at Fabulous with Alcazar, our opening party on 3 Aug. The next day the most handsome boys on earth will compete in the Mr. Gay World competition and you can meet them up close at the Mr. Gay World afterparty at D-club while the ladies will have their own Cafédelove party. Our pool party on Wednesday 7 Aug, sponsored by DNA magazine, will be held at the world's biggest pool boat with DJ Dan from Sydney, on Thursday you can get into your Latin grooves at Azucar, the queerest Latin party. To end the sports competition we’ll welcome you on Friday 9 Aug at the Let’s get physical party. Our week-long party offer will end at Supergays on Saturday 10 Aug, where you can meet your gay heroes, including Loreen from ‘Euphoria’. Tickets and info: http://woga2013.org/index.php/en/fun/ticketprice

      Last week of promo

      For those who are rather less well organized and therefore have not yet registered for the worldOutgames, here’s some news for you. Grab your credit card right now because 'til 30 June (only 6 more days) you can enjoy our special promo € 50 reduction on the worldOutgames Experience Package. This also means that our registration will close on 30 June, and we’d hate not to be welcoming you here in Antwerp. The promo code to use is LASTCALL.

      Tickets waiting to be bought

      We have so much to offer you here at the worldOutgames that we simply can't wait to see you enjoy it all. Tickets for many of these events can be bought. Just a range of activities to whet your appetite for some culture: tickets for the Elckerlyc Theatre, where we’ll have the Mr. Gay World Grand Finale, Mask’Ara, the biggest drag show on earth, Eurovision @ worldOutgames, and our choir gala. At Fakkel Theatre you can get tickets for Nonsense and The Party’s over. We also have the gala evening with the finales of the first world championship same-sex dancing at the Hilton on Friday 9 Aug, the family day on Sunday 4 Aug, guided walking and biking tours, etc. etc. etc., so go to our homepage and let yourself be seduced by our programme! To buy tickets, follow: http://go.eventdrive.be/woga2013
      Logo City Of Antwerp Logo Provincie Antwerpen Logo Lotto Belgium Logo Flandres Logo Gelijke Kansen Vlaanderen Met steun van de Vlaamse Overheid
    • Michael Clark
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2013