Your News

  • Nelson S. Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2012
      Your News

      Are you unable to read this email? Read it online at www.world.outgames.org.

      August | 2012

      The worldOutgames schedule

      Here are some important dates to put in your agenda while planning your trip next year to Antwerp:
      • The worldOutgames human rights conference will be held from 31 July to 2 August with the big welcome dinner on 31 July.
      • The opening ceremony with the entrance of the athletes and dazzling performers and speakers on Saturday 3 August.
      • The Mr. Gay World election from 1 to 5 August with its Grand Finale on 4 August.
      • The sports program from 4 to 10 August (check here for the exact dates of your sport).
      • The joint final celebrations of the worldOutgames together with Antwerp Pride in the final weekend 9 to 11 August with great parties, Pride Parade and closing ceremony.
      • The cultural program will start before 31 July and last long after 11 August with a peak during the worldOutgames.

      check here for the exact dates of your sport

      Prepare your trip to Antwerp in the heart of Europe

      While preparing your participation at the worldOutgames, you might also extend it to a European trip. With cities like Brussels, Ghent and Bruges in less than 1 hour by train; Amsterdam, Paris, Cologne or London in 2 hours by train, Europe is literally at your doorstep. Don’t miss this opportunity to make daytrips while you have a day off from your sports competition, or plan it before or after the worldOutgames. We’ll gladly assist you with info to get the best of your European trip.

      Flanders Fits You

      Flanders Fits You

      Flanders Fits You

      Province of Antwerp

      Flanders Sports

      Flanders Equality

      Antwerp Pride

      The sports program is getting finalized

      Our collaboration with local sports clubs is growing every day, and since summer is ending, many more clubs are joining our organizing team to create amazing worldOutgames. In September a whole lot of new info will be available:

      Check here for the exact dates of your sport!

      click to enlarge

      A newborn family member, our Pink Giant

      Antwerp has a tradition of Giants, so we wanted to be part of it too. We created the first LGBT Giant, our Pink Giant. It is 4m high, and it’s face is half male half female. Our Giant was created with the help of professional giant builders and local artists and had its birth during Antwerp Pride mid-August. The response was huge, in national media (newspapers, radio and television). In September we’ll be participating in 2 other major Giant events: the world record attempt of a maximum number of Giants in Deurne on September 8th (302 are registered, broadcasted live on tv) and the Year of the Giants in Borgerhout on September 15th. Become friend on Facebook and see the latest pictures and events of this new member of our family or walk with us as a volunteer on these events.

      click to enlarge

      Grab the opportunity and volunteer for the worldOutgames!

      The worldOutgames will be in less than 12 months from now. You can be one of them and make the difference. We need helping hands both during the event in August 2013 and before. You'll get plenty of opportunities and chances to gain new skills and friendships along the way. Time is important, use yours to create more equality. Go to our website or mail at volunteer@.... You can tell us about your skills, dreams, experiences and anything else that can contribute to a successful event. For the next weeks, we are looking for volunteers to help us parade with the Pink Giant, in the true Antwerp tradition.

      Kate Ryan opens EuroGames Rotterdam

      Give us your opinion

      We’re playing with the idea to create a world premiere: having a marathon connecting the 2 major cities from one country. Our marathon might be the very first one doing that: connecting Brussels to Antwerp. If you like the idea, let us know by sending us your idea if you would like to run it. The more positive feedback we get from potential runners, the bigger the possibility will be that it will happen. Looking forward to your feedback at marketing@...

      Kate Ryan opens EuroGames Rotterdam

      Participate in our promotion on Facebook and Twitter

      Win a FREE entrance ticket for the worldOutgames Antwerp 2013! Our friends and followers are rising by the hour, thank you for that. Every 500th new friend on Facebook or follower on Twitter gets a FREE registration for the worldOutgames 2013 in Antwerp, which would normally cost you 99 Euros (including opening and closing ceremony, closing party, free bus pass and museum pass, many goodies and reductions in bars and stores). Please share this with your friends so they also have a chance at winning a FREE entrance ticket! PS: the past 10 days we had 4 winners from 3 continents for the 2000th, 2500th, 3000th and 3500th new friend, so it goes fast. Who will be number 4000??

      Kate Ryan opens EuroGames Rotterdam

      Out on Social Media

      worldOutgames Antwerp is proud to be out, also on social media.

      Stay tuned for all the latest news and scoops.

      Follow us on facebook:

      Follow us on youtube:

      Follow us on twitter:

      Thank You

      If you think of people you know who might be interested in worldOutgames news, please forward this newsletter to them. And ask them to sign up at our website.

      No more?

      You no longer wish to receive our newsletter at this email-address? Opt out from the e-mail list