145Your News :: July 2012

  • Nelson S. Lee
    Jul 31, 2012
      Your News

      Are you unable to read this email? Read it online at www.world.outgames.org.

      header
      July | 2012

      Adapted and extended registration system

      Great news! As of last week we’ve updated and extended our registration system. If you already registered, you’ll be able to log-in and look into the details of your sport. If you've not yet registered, the biggest change will be that we’ve divided the registration fee into two parts:
      € 99 for the worldOutgames package (opening and closing ceremonies, closing party ticket, free weeklong bus pass, free museum pass, goodie bag with many reductions and offers)

      + a second fee for your sport (the amount of the fee depends on your sport, check our website for the fee of your sport).

      For updates on your registration, or to enter a new registration please visit our website. Participants who have already registered will be invited in the coming weeks to complete their registration. http://www.world.outgames.org/index.php/en/register

      wogaLoveUnited

      budapest

      Budapest made a difference!

      A team of five from the worldOutgames were present at the EuroGames in Budapest at the end of June. Besides our presence with a booth in the Rainbow Village, we also really wanted to meet the participants and learn from the games. Our three sports managers Dennis, Freija and Bram met with many sportsmen and women, visiting venues etc. to bring that input back to our organization. Louise, our PR manager, met with interesting partners and Danny was able to build a network for future volunteers. All were impressed by the good vibes during the games, thanks to the organization, volunteers and participants. Nice to know that the Hungarian parliament voted a law to punish gay-bashing. A step along the way!

      Antwerpen

      Flanders Fits You

      Flanders Fits You

      Flanders Fits You

      Province of Antwerp

      Lotto

      Flanders Sports

      Flanders Equality

      Antwerp Pride

      budapest

      click to enlarge

      New look and feel for worldOutgames Antwerp 2013

      Ivan Denis, openly gay archery junior world champion, potential Olympic participant for Rio 2016, athlete and soldier, is also ambassador for the 2013 Antwerp worldOutgames. He was also the patron of a competition that the worldOutgames organized to find models for our new worldwide promotion campaign. The photo shoot was last weekend, and we created several new looks with many locals. Besides the pictures we were also interested in the stories behind the faces of our models, and we got an amazing group of people together. These stories will be used in our upcoming campaign. If you want to get a sneak preview of the photo shoot, go to the worldOutgames Facebook page: www.facebook.com/outgames2013

      We’d like to thank our partners in realizing this photo shoot: the entire team of our superb partner in communication www.crossmediathinking.be, our fantastic photographer www.marcdrofmans.com and wonderful www.huisbaeyens.be for their costumes.

      woga

      Take a tour of Antwerp with our LGBT guide

      We're happy to announce that professional city guide Tanguy Ottomer, with excellent reviews in the Financial Times as well as in the New York Times, has developed three walking/bike tours to help you discover our beautiful city in all its diversity during the worldOutgames in August 2013.

      Check him out on www.beroepsantwerpenaar.be.
      All details of the specially designed worldOutgames tours and bookings will soon be available through our site.

      wogaLoveUnited
      click to enlarge

      Cycling while discovering the Antwerp port,
      the second biggest European port

      The sports program keeps expanding!
      Cycling will be added to the sports programme, with three different disciplines: road racing, an individual time trial and/or a criterium (crit) being organized. All disciplines will be organized on three different days.

      The road race is being organized during the 'Antwerpse Havenpijl', a UCI 1.2 competition with professional teams. The men will ride 68.5 km (42.5 miles) in five rounds, the women three rounds, good for 41.1 km (25.5 miles) in the amazing port of Antwerp.
      The individual time trial covers 4 km (2.48 miles) for men and 3 km (1.86 miles) for women.
      The third discipline, the criterium, covers 15 km (9.3 miles) for the men and 10 km (6.2 miles) for the women. Both will be organized on a closed track. The following age categories will be observed: 18–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59 and 60+ years.

      Registration will commence online beginning of August.

      Kate Ryan opens EuroGames Rotterdam

      Out on Social Media

      worldOutgames Antwerp is proud to be out, also on social media.

      Stay tuned for all the latest news and scoops.

      Follow us on facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/outgames2013

      Follow us on youtube:
      http://www.youtube.com/user/worldOutgames2013

      Follow us on twitter:
      http://twitter.com/Outgames

      Thank You

      More?

      If you think of people you know who might be interested in worldOutgames news, please forward this newsletter to them. And ask them to sign up at our website.

      No more?

      You no longer wish to receive our newsletter at this email-address? Opt out from the e-mail list