Re: [TXC-Users] latex to pdf question

  • Hongbin Zhu
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2005
      Hi,
      I had the same problem before. But some gentleman in this email list figured out a way. The way to solve it is by defining an output as DVI=>PDF, then you first use latex=>dvi generate dvi, then you use dvi=>pdf to generate pdf. The detail of this output profile definition can be found at :
      have a good day.

      Juan Antonio Navarro <juannavarroperez@...> wrote:
      Hola Hernán!

        to complement what Florian has already told you, new versions of TXC
      do configure this adobe reader integration properly (with all the
      limitations that also Florian has explained).

        make sure you have an up to date version of TXC and, if for some
      reason the Output Profiles are not set up properly in your computer
      (and thus you are having the problems you explain) simply go to
      "Define Output Profiles" and then click on the "Wizard" button.. TXC
      will configure everything automatically for you.. Isn't it just
      great??

      Regargs,

      Juan Antonio

      PS. Also note that if you have opened the file, and not TXC, then TXC
      won't be able to close it. Allways use the view button inside TXC to
      view your file in the reader.

      --
      juan antonio navarro perez
      http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~navarroj

      Affiliate program softwareProgram management software

    • John Trapp
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2005
        TeXnicCenter-Users@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >The way to solve it is by defining an output as DVI=>PDF, then you first
        >use latex=>dvi generate dvi, then you use dvi=>pdf to generate pdf.

        I think that this will still generate an error unless one uses some DDE
        commands.

        I used to have the same problem, and it is now cured completely by issuing
        a DDE command to acrobat to close the file, and then to re-open it.

        John