Re: Introduction to the Group

  • seth_earley
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2006
      Nice to have you Marian.

      Seth

      --- In TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com, Marian Quinn <marianq129@...> wrote:

      > Hello TaxoCoP,
      >
      > Thank you for the opportunity to join your group. I am the
      information services supervisor at Project Management Institute,
      Inc. in Newtown Square PA. PMI is embarking on an effort to
      redesign the manner in which its knowledge assets are delivered to
      PMI members and project management practitioners worldwide. Present
      models are traditional publishing and library models, with a website
      superimposed on top. Currently PMI's website requires that the user
      know a whole lot about PMI in order to figure out where to find
      anything, and even then it can be pretty hard. The PMI
      Knowledgebase, which I oversee, runs on traditional ILS software,
      but is not integrated in any way with PMI website search function.
      PMI also has over 200 chapters and SIGs around the world, but no
      integrated platform through which they can communicate and exchange
      information. So these are some of the challenges we are facing as
      PMI grows globally. I am very interested in how effective
      taxonomies, CoPs etc.
      > can make the difference in connecting people and knowledge and in
      facilitating just-in-time location of valuable information. I look
      forward to much enlightenment through participation in this group.