introduction

  • Ray Davis Curry
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 14 9:13 AM
      Hello everyone!

      I'm a library school graduate looking for an interesting job.

      I've done a little indexing, a few web pages, and some web site
      maintenance.
      I attended Seth's presentation at the New England ASI Fall gathering in
      Worcester.

      I want to learn more.

      Ray Davis Curry
      rdcurry@...
      info@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 14 11:07 AM
        Hi Ray,

        Nice to have you. I am sure you noticed a couple of job postings on the
        forum...

        Seth Earley
        Earley & Associates, Inc
        781-444-0287
        781-820-8080 cell
        Next taxo conference call January 22nd, 2 PM EST
        "Content Management Integration"
        Registration and agenda at www.earley.com/events.htm
        Taxonomy Community of Practice
        http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TaxoCoP

        I'm a library school graduate looking for an interesting job.

        I've done a little indexing, a few web pages, and some web site
        maintenance.
        I attended Seth's presentation at the New England ASI Fall gathering in
        Worcester.

        I want to learn more.

        Ray Davis Curry
        rdcurry@...
        info@...

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Dorothy Tuma
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 14 11:21 AM

          Hello,

          I am a new member and wanted to introduce myself.  I am currently the Search Vocabulary Team Lead at Getty Images in Seattle.  I manage the taxonomy for the descriptive search metadata, although this often overlaps with normalization of metadata coming from a variety of image collections and sources.  I also do lots of standards enforcement and development.  In light of this, I have often suggested my job title be changed to Team Taxonomator or Lead Vocabulatrix, but so far – no luck ; )

          I consider myself lucky that the main challenge of my job are often quite interesting.  It’s all about near constant priority-shifting to meet changing business needs, and balancing good taxonomy management with whatever tweaks will increase searchablity, and thus revenue.

          Finally, I’ll be leaving Getty at the end of March, since my team's function has been relocated to Dublin – I’m considering what to do next, and feel I can learn much about next steps by observing what you guys are doing.  I also hope to ask questions and contribute my thoughts to discussions.

          Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

          Thanks,

          Dorothy Tuma