Taxonomy Master Class with Seth Maislin

  • Sharon L. Foley
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2013

      Hi All,

      Sorry for any cross posting but I’m very excited to be sharing this news.

      Seth Maislin (Taxonomy Practice Lead here at Earley & Associates) is going to be leading an ONLINE Taxonomy Master Class.  The class will take place over two 3-hour sessions November 14 & 21, 2013 (1:00PM-4:00PM ET).  Participants will get to submit their own taxonomies for Seth’s review.  He’ll evaluate your taxonomy and provide specific recommendations for improvement.

      The first of the two sessions includes a discussion of each student’s submission. Between classes, you will have a week to revise a portion of your taxonomy, using lessons learned. At the second class, you will be able to discuss changes you made and receive further feedback.

      In this shared collaborative environment you will be exposed to a broad range of best practices and techniques for challenging situations, including:

      ·         Heuristic “rules of thumb” for excellence in taxonomy

      ·         Balancing technical limitations with business requirements

      ·         Ideas for formal, quantitative testing

      ·         Opportunities for taxonomy application and expanding adoption

      Each participant who attends both sessions will get an additional 1-hour of private time with Seth as well.  How cool is that?

      The cost of this Master Class is $1,200 US.  You can register here for the November 14th class:  http://bit.ly/1dYa2I1

      Love the idea but can’t make these sessions?  Just let me know.  We are planning additional dates.  Any other thoughts, comments or suggestions are welcome as well.

      Best wishes,

      Sharon

      Sharon Foley

      EARLEY & ASSOCIATES, Inc.