Cimino's Desiderata

  • David Riecks
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13 8:19 PM
      I ran across the mention of this today, and thought it might be of interest to others.

      It's an article about Cimino's Desiderata, concerning the design of a controlled vocabulary for healthcare:

      http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~jeremy/HealthInf/RCSEd/terminology-desiderata.htm
      or
      http://t.co/pBpzSuJ410

      Though it seems to me that this process of disambiguation is applicable to more than just healthcare.

      David

      --
      David Riecks  (that's "i" before "e", but the "e" is silent)
      Need Keywords for your database? Get the Controlled Vocabulary Solution

    • John O'Gorman
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14 7:01 AM
        I ran across this list when I worked at Alberta Heath Services and was able to deliver on all of Cimino's requirements (plus a few that he didn't include, like applying the same principles to Person, Place and Physical Assets).  Barring some serious politics and a budget 'crisis' these would be in place at AHS today. Now I'm doing the same for oil and gas...not nearly as 'terminology oriented' as Healthcare but it's a living! :D