Taxonomy workshop in the UK in November

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2013
      For those of you who are in the UK, I'll be running a taxonomy development workshop in Birmingham 19-20 November. We're offering a discount to members of professional associations and networks such as Taxocop, so if you are interested, drop me an email and I'll share the discount code with you. More details at http://store.straitsknowledge.com/prod.aspx?id=38

      Best

      Patrick

      Patrick Lambe
      Partner
      Tel: +65 62210383

    • David Riecks
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2013
        I ran across the mention of this today, and thought it might be of interest to others.

        It's an article about Cimino's Desiderata, concerning the design of a controlled vocabulary for healthcare:

        http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~jeremy/HealthInf/RCSEd/terminology-desiderata.htm
        or
        http://t.co/pBpzSuJ410

        Though it seems to me that this process of disambiguation is applicable to more than just healthcare.

        David

        --
        David Riecks  (that's "i" before "e", but the "e" is silent)
        Need Keywords for your database? Get the Controlled Vocabulary Solution

      • John O'Gorman
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2013
          I ran across this list when I worked at Alberta Heath Services and was able to deliver on all of Cimino's requirements (plus a few that he didn't include, like applying the same principles to Person, Place and Physical Assets).  Barring some serious politics and a budget 'crisis' these would be in place at AHS today. Now I'm doing the same for oil and gas...not nearly as 'terminology oriented' as Healthcare but it's a living! :D