Call for Papers on Semantic Search

  • Fran Alexander
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 12 10:24 AM
      Dear Taxonomists

      I hope this call for papers will be of interest to some of you, and please forward this message to others.

      I am a guest co-editor for a special issue on Semantic Search for Aslib Proceedings/Journal of Information Management, to be published next year.  This is an academic peer-reviewed journal, but we are keen to include practitioner- and end user-focused research, and case studies. If you are not used to writing for journals, I can advise on academic styling, structure, and referencing.

      More details about the call for papers and the journal are here: http://www.vocabcontrol.com/?p=293

      Many thanks

      Fran
    • Frank Guerino
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23 11:45 AM
        Good Day,

        The Foundation recently released its Taxonomy of Policy Types (a.k.a. Policy Taxonomy), which provides a linear inventory of many of the key policies types .

        Such taxonomies are often used as part of broader Records Management.  For example, they may be used to facilitate managing inventories of the types of policies maintained by an enterprise or in the categorizing of stored policies, in Electronic or Paper Libraries.

        This Taxonomy of Policy Types is reconciled with and lexicographically aligned to the Taxonomy of Record Types, as well as with all other taxonomies.  All Taxonomy elements or entries link back to their specific parent Discipline area and to their Glossary entry.

        Other taxonomies that may be useful to you and your enterprise can be found at the IF4IT Taxonomy Inventory page.

        I hope you find the material useful.

        My Best,

        Frank
        --
        Frank Guerino, Chairman
        The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)