Re: [TaxoCoP] Newbie introduction, question about survey results availability

  • Heather Hedden
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2013
      Hi Kristine,

      I'm not really at liberty to email a chapter or two of my book, since the publisher owns the copyright. But it's not too expensive to purchase: $19.80 Kindle, $35.55 new paperback, and $29.34 used paperback through Amazon.com
      Chapter 2 is also about taxonomists and skills.

      Thanks, Patrick, for mentioning my book.

      -- Heather

      ___________________________

      Heather Hedden
      Hedden Information Management
      Carlisle, MA
      978-467-5195
      heather@...

      www.hedden-information.com
      www.accidental-taxonomist.com

      On 3/25/2013 2:50 AM, Patrick Lambe wrote:
      Hi Kristine

      I'm sending you offlist the slides from my Taxonomy Bootcamp presentation containing the findings from the 2009 survey. Heather Hedden also conducted a survey while preparing her book "The Accidental Taxonomist", and some of those findings are presented in chapter 12 of that book.

      Best

      Patrick

      Patrick Lambe
      Partner
      Tel: +65 62210383

    • Darsadze, Ina
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2013

        Hi,

        I would like to hear good success stories on document categorization and entity extraction tools.

        We would like to see/hear cases of categorization tool implementation and true benefits to get buy in from our management.

        Thank you.

        Ina Darsadze

        IMF