Re: [TaxoCoP] Newbie introduction, question about survey results availability

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24 11:50 PM
      Hi Kristine

      I'm sending you offlist the slides from my Taxonomy Bootcamp presentation containing the findings from the 2009 survey. Heather Hedden also conducted a survey while preparing her book "The Accidental Taxonomist", and some of those findings are presented in chapter 12 of that book.

      Best

      Patrick

      Patrick Lambe
      Partner
      Tel: +65 62210383

      On Mar 25, 2013, at 1:53 PM, projgeekette wrote:

      Hi everyone,

      By way of introduction, I am a grad student at Minnesota State
      University in Mankato, MN. I am in the process of writing my final paper
      for my MA in technical communication on the topic of taxonomy work and
      how some of it--particularly the terminology-related interviewing and
      usability-related portions--can be a good match for the skill set of
      persons who consider themselves technical communicators.

      There are survey results that I would very very helpful for my research
      if they are available/published. I have searched for them in all likely
      places without success.

      If anyone knows where or if Patrick Lambe's taxonomy work survey results
      might be available, please be so kind as to inform.

      Thanks!

      Kristine

    • Heather Hedden
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 25 7:44 AM
        Hi Kristine,

        I'm not really at liberty to email a chapter or two of my book, since the publisher owns the copyright. But it's not too expensive to purchase: $19.80 Kindle, $35.55 new paperback, and $29.34 used paperback through Amazon.com
        Chapter 2 is also about taxonomists and skills.

        Thanks, Patrick, for mentioning my book.

        -- Heather

        ___________________________

        Heather Hedden
        Hedden Information Management
        Carlisle, MA
        978-467-5195
        heather@...

        www.hedden-information.com
        www.accidental-taxonomist.com

        On 3/25/2013 2:50 AM, Patrick Lambe wrote:
        Hi Kristine

        I'm sending you offlist the slides from my Taxonomy Bootcamp presentation containing the findings from the 2009 survey. Heather Hedden also conducted a survey while preparing her book "The Accidental Taxonomist", and some of those findings are presented in chapter 12 of that book.

        Best

        Patrick

        Patrick Lambe
        Partner
        Tel: +65 62210383

      • Darsadze, Ina
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2013

          Hi,

          I would like to hear good success stories on document categorization and entity extraction tools.

          We would like to see/hear cases of categorization tool implementation and true benefits to get buy in from our management.

          Thank you.

          Ina Darsadze

          IMF