Registration Cloese TODAY: Taxonomy Division Webinar - Taxonomy and Metadata at the Associated Press

  • George Peckham-Rooney
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2013
      Join the Taxonomy Division TOMORROW at 1:00 PM for the next webinar in our series. Registration closes today at 5:00 pm!
      (Please note that the webinar is only open to Taxonomy Division members. If you're interested in joining the division please see our website)

      Taxonomy and Metadata at the Associated Press

      Time: Thu, Feb 7, 2013 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST
      Audience: Entry-level to Expert
      Cost: Only Open to Taxonomy Division members (For membership information please see our website).
      Registration: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/645692704

       About the Presenter:
      Amy Sweigert is Vice President of Information Management at the Associated Press. She joined AP in 2006 as a director of Information Management following 5 years as a taxonomist at Microsoft. She is a graduate of Stanford University and holds a Master’s of Library and Information Science from the University of Washington.

      About Taxonomy Division:
      The Taxonomy Division addresses ways to organize and structure information so that content is accessible and useful. It offers a practical context for exploring issues and sharing experiences related to planning, creating and maintaining taxonomies, thesauri, authority files, and other controlled vocabularies and information structures. If you are interested in learning more about the division or joining us please check out our website  where we have information about upcoming events. If you're interested in joining the division you can find more information here.

      Regards,

      George Peckham-Rooney

      PR Chair

      SLA Taxonomy Division