Webinar - The Role of Taxonomies in Content Strategy - Dec. 6th - *Holiday Special* - Open to Non-Members

  • George Peckham-Rooney
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2012
      The Role of Taxonomies in Content Strategy

      Time: Thursday, December 6, 2012 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST
      Audience:  Entry Level thru Expert
      Cost:  FREE to SLA Taxonomy Division Members AND Due to Holiday Special FREE to Non-Members
      Registration: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/288520121

      In this webinar we will talk about how we have married the two design and development processes assuring that the experience design and metadata and taxonomy infrastructure are synchronized and integrated.  The end result is that the experience design team builds designs which are sustainable and manageable using available metadata and that the metadata and taxonomy team has full access to the design considerations that drive their work.  We’ll highlight the key integration points in the dual development processes and show a few examples of how this works in the real world.

      About the Presenter:
      Gary Carlson brings over 20 years of experience as a taxonomist, consultant, project manager, product manager, and information manager working for small to Fortune 100 companies.  He has worked extensively on major information and knowledge management projects and products spanning taxonomy tools, search, auto-categorization, SharePoint 2010 implementations, expert systems, content management, governance and overall information infrastructure. Additionally Gary has lectured and taught classes at the University of Washington, University of Toronto, University of Wisconsin, and University of North Carolina. He is also a frequent speaker at conferences and workshops.Gary is currently focused on helping companies develop their information infrastructure to meet enterprise requirements.

      SLA and the Taxonomy Division:
      The Taxonomy Division addresses ways to organize and structure information so that content is accessible and useful. It offers a practical context for exploring issues and sharing experiences related to planning, creating and maintaining taxonomies, thesauri, authority files, and other controlled vocabularies and information structures. If you are interested in learning more about the division please check out our website  where we have information about upcoming events, and if you're interested in joining SLA and the division please see the SLA website.

      Regards,

      George Peckham-Rooney

      Public Relations, Chair

      SLA Taxonomy Division