RE: [TaxoCoP] Taxonomy Mapping tools

  • Julie Vittengl
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 2012
      Hi Jordan,

      Have you thought about using macros in Excel?  This link demonstrates a macro that does a pretty good job finding exact and close matches, it actually finds a match for everything and then you use a second macro to rank the match.

      I've used it to match taxonomies before.  If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a note and I can walk you through the basic set-up.

      Julie

      To: taxocop@yahoogroups.com
      From: jordan_cassel@...
      Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:27:45 -0700
      Subject: [TaxoCoP] Taxonomy Mapping tools

      Hi,

      Does anyone have links to tools which can help with speeding up taxonomy mappings?
      identifying equivalent or near equivalent terms, etc?

      thanks,

      Jordan