Re: [TaxoCoP] Taxonomy Mapping tools

  • Jim Sweeney
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 2012
      Hi Jordan,

      I can provide a reference to a feature that my company Synaptica provides in its software called AutoMatch. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

      Jim Sweeney

      Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 11:27 AM
      Subject: [TaxoCoP] Taxonomy Mapping tools

      Hi,

      Does anyone have links to tools which can help with speeding up taxonomy mappings?
      identifying equivalent or near equivalent terms, etc?

      thanks,

      Jordan

    • Julie Vittengl
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 2012
        Hi Jordan,

        Have you thought about using macros in Excel?  This link demonstrates a macro that does a pretty good job finding exact and close matches, it actually finds a match for everything and then you use a second macro to rank the match.

        I've used it to match taxonomies before.  If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a note and I can walk you through the basic set-up.

        Julie

        To: taxocop@yahoogroups.com