Re: [TaxoCoP] Re: Taxonomy Development Infographic

    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2012
      Thanks for the feedback Stephanie. Yes you're welcome to use it with attribution. On the "develop" question the answer is actually both things you suggested - I wanted to keep it simple, and I think that between warrant and testing most of the critical input for development emerges. I wasn't intending to make a strong methodological statement, I actually did have "Design and Test" in an earlier version and decided to simplify in deciding to drop words, Testing was less dispensable than "Develop" or "Design".

      Best

      Partner
      Tel: +65 62210383

      On May 2, 2012, at 6:12 PM, stephaniealemieux wrote:

      Patrick,

      This is really nicely done! ...though perhaps more info than graphic :)

      And I'm so thrilled you're sharing it. I'd love to reference it (with attribution of course)

      One question for you - it goes from Plan to Test... there's no Develop or Create step. Did you put in the facet creation under test for simplicity or is it a methodological statement you're making?

      Thanks,
      Stephanie

      --- In TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Lambe <plambe@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks - I've created a taxonomy development infographic, originally
      > to explain the process to clients, but thought I would share more
      > widely. There are A4 and A3 poster versions available if you find it
      > useful.
      >
      > http://www.greenchameleon.com/gc/blog_detail/taxonomy_development_infographic/
      >
      > Best
      >
      > Patrick
      >
      > Patrick Lambe
      > Partner
      > Tel: +65 62210383
      >

      > website: www.straitsknowledge.com
      > weblog: www.greenchameleon.com
      > book: www.organisingknowledge.com
      >
      > Have you seen our KM Planning Toolkit?
      >
      > http://store.straitsknowledge.com

    • David Riecks
      Message 2 of 6 , May 29, 2012
        At 11:04 PM 5/1/2012, Patrick Lambe wrote:
        Hi folks - I've created a taxonomy development infographic, originally to explain the process to clients, but thought I would share more widely. There are A4 and A3 poster versions available if you find it useful.

        http://www.greenchameleon.com/gc/blog_detail/taxonomy_development_infographic/

        Patrick:

        If you are off biking you might not see this for a while, but thought you might be interested in seeing a "prezi" version of your "infographic" on creating a taxonomy that someone at the DAM foundation put together.

        http://t.co/410ZZ702

        David

        --
        David Riecks  (that's "i" before "e", but the "e" is silent)
        Need Keywords for your database? Get the Controlled Vocabulary Solution