Taxonomy Development Infographic

    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 9:04 PM
      Hi folks - I've created a taxonomy development infographic, originally to explain the process to clients, but thought I would share more widely. There are A4 and A3 poster versions available if you find it useful.

      Best

      Patrick

      Patrick Lambe
      Partner
      Tel: +65 62210383

    • stephaniealemieux
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2 3:12 AM
        Patrick,

        This is really nicely done! ...though perhaps more info than graphic :)

        And I'm so thrilled you're sharing it. I'd love to reference it (with attribution of course)

        One question for you - it goes from Plan to Test... there's no Develop or Create step. Did you put in the facet creation under test for simplicity or is it a methodological statement you're making?

        Thanks,
        Stephanie

        --- In TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Lambe <plambe@...> wrote:

        > Hi folks - I've created a taxonomy development infographic, originally
        > to explain the process to clients, but thought I would share more
        > widely. There are A4 and A3 poster versions available if you find it
        > useful.
        >
        > http://www.greenchameleon.com/gc/blog_detail/taxonomy_development_infographic/
        >
        > Best
        >
        > Patrick
        >
        > Patrick Lambe
        > Partner
        > Tel: +65 62210383
        >

        > website: www.straitsknowledge.com
        > weblog: www.greenchameleon.com
        > book: www.organisingknowledge.com
        >
        > Have you seen our KM Planning Toolkit?
        >
        > http://store.straitsknowledge.com

      • Bob Bater
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2 9:10 AM
          Patrick,

          Very useful. Many thanks for sharing it.

          KPXL Signature Bob
          -------
          Bob Bater

          KnowPlexity Ltd.

          KPXL logo

          On 02/05/2012 05:04, Patrick Lambe wrote: Hi folks - I've created a taxonomy development infographic, originally to explain the process to clients, but thought I would share more widely. There are A4 and A3 poster versions available if you find it useful.

          Best

          Patrick

          Patrick Lambe
          Partner
          Tel: +65 62210383

        • Irini
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2 2:17 PM
            Agree! Appreciate your sharing Patrick. :-)

            Irene

            Message 5 of 6 , May 2 7:18 PM
              Thanks for the feedback Stephanie. Yes you're welcome to use it with attribution. On the "develop" question the answer is actually both things you suggested - I wanted to keep it simple, and I think that between warrant and testing most of the critical input for development emerges. I wasn't intending to make a strong methodological statement, I actually did have "Design and Test" in an earlier version and decided to simplify in deciding to drop words, Testing was less dispensable than "Develop" or "Design".

              Best

              Partner
              Tel: +65 62210383

              On May 2, 2012, at 6:12 PM, stephaniealemieux wrote:

              Patrick,

              This is really nicely done! ...though perhaps more info than graphic :)

              And I'm so thrilled you're sharing it. I'd love to reference it (with attribution of course)

              One question for you - it goes from Plan to Test... there's no Develop or Create step. Did you put in the facet creation under test for simplicity or is it a methodological statement you're making?

              Thanks,
              Stephanie

              --- In TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Lambe <plambe@...> wrote:

              > Hi folks - I've created a taxonomy development infographic, originally
              > to explain the process to clients, but thought I would share more
              > widely. There are A4 and A3 poster versions available if you find it
              > useful.
              >
              > http://www.greenchameleon.com/gc/blog_detail/taxonomy_development_infographic/
              >
              > Best
              >
              > Patrick
              >
              > Patrick Lambe
              > Partner
              > Tel: +65 62210383
              >

              > website: www.straitsknowledge.com
              > weblog: www.greenchameleon.com
              > book: www.organisingknowledge.com
              >
              > Have you seen our KM Planning Toolkit?
              >
              > http://store.straitsknowledge.com

            • David Riecks
              Message 6 of 6 , May 29 10:20 AM
                At 11:04 PM 5/1/2012, Patrick Lambe wrote:
                Hi folks - I've created a taxonomy development infographic, originally to explain the process to clients, but thought I would share more widely. There are A4 and A3 poster versions available if you find it useful.

                http://www.greenchameleon.com/gc/blog_detail/taxonomy_development_infographic/

                Patrick:

                If you are off biking you might not see this for a while, but thought you might be interested in seeing a "prezi" version of your "infographic" on creating a taxonomy that someone at the DAM foundation put together.

                http://t.co/410ZZ702

                David

                --
                David Riecks  (that's "i" before "e", but the "e" is silent)
                Need Keywords for your database? Get the Controlled Vocabulary Solution