Make plans for Taxonomy Programs and Workshop in July
The Taxonomy Division of SLA is offering a full slate of program sessions and a full day continuing education workshop at the SLA Annual Conference in Chicago, Illinois, July 14-18, 2012. Registration is now open, with discounted rates to May 10. Click the links above and below for more information:
Taxonomy Division Sessions July 16-18:
- Taxonomy Design for the Short on Time
- Digital Asset Management: Techniques for Indexing Non-Textual Content
- Three M's: Mapping, Merging, and Multi-lingual Taxonomies
- Reinventing Library Skills
- SPOTLIGHT SESSION: E-Discovery
- Taxonomy Division Business Meeting / Program Topic: Content Enrichment
- Adding Value to Content through Linked Data
- Taxonomy Division Open House - networking opportunity
- Keeping Your Taxonomy Fresh and Relevant
- Impact of Technical Standards on Metadata and Controlled Vocabulary Projects
The workshop is Saturday, July 14: Transforming Your Schema and Taxonomies into an Ontology. You may attend the workshop without registering for the conference and vice versa, or join us for both!
- Conference Overview and Registration: http://www.sla.org/content/Events/conference/ac2012/index.cfm.
- Online Conference Schedule: http://sla2012.sched.org/
- Taxonomy Division Sessions: http://wiki.sla.org/display/SLATAX/SLA+2012+Annual+Conference+-+Taxonomy-Related+Programs
Hope to see you there!
The Taxonomy Division addresses ways to organize and structure information so that content is accessible and useful. It offers a practical context for exploring issues and sharing experiences related to planning, creating and maintaining taxonomies, thesauri, authority files, ontologies, and other controlled vocabularies and information structures.
Taxonomy Division Chair-Elect