Announcing a co-occurrence matrix for Spencer's card sort analysis spreadsheet

  • mikerice126
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 19, 2012
      I've built a co-occurrence matrix tool in Excel that works by linking to named lists and worksheets in Donna Spencer's card sort analysis spreadsheets.

      Read the announcement: http://www.informoire.com/taxonomy/co-occurrence-matrix-announcement/

      Get the matrix: http://www.informoire.com/co-occurrence-matrix/
    • David Riecks
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 20, 2012
        At 06:43 AM 1/19/2012, mikerice126 wrote:
        I've built a co-occurrence matrix tool in Excel that works by linking to named lists and worksheets in Donna Spencer's card sort analysis spreadsheets.

        Mike:

        Thanks for sharing. I'd reposted your links to the Controlled Vocabulary Forum ( http://www.controlledvocabulary.com/forum.html), and one member asked how it was relevant, as they had never heard of the term.

        If there are any here that are not familiar, they might find the link that I posted in reply to that member of use. It's a description of the technique from the "Boxes and Arrows" website -- which purports to be the definitive guide, and is co-authored by the same person that originated the card sort spreadsheet.

        http://www.boxesandarrows.com/view/card_sorting_a_definitive_guide

        David

        --
        David Riecks  (that's "i" before "e", but the "e" is silent)
        Need Keywords for your database? Get the Controlled Vocabulary Solution

      • mikerice126
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 21, 2012
          Thanks, David, for re-posting and for the link to the Boxes and Arrows article. I corresponded with Donna about creating the matrix, but had forgotten about the article she wrote. I read some time ago. I'll definitely be referring readers to it.

          Mike
          informoire.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
            I'm happy to report that I now link to the article you pointed out, David. I'm also very pleased that Donna has blogged about the matrix: http://rosenfeldmedia.com/books/cardsorting/blog/card_sorting_analysis_a_co-occ/