LMS information architects?

  • Nick Berry
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2012
      Hi everyone, I've embarked on a new position at Amazon designing and managing the architecture for the seller marketplace.  This amounts to help pages, a couple of LMS systems, a case management system, and a lot of HTML.

      The LMS applications we use don't seem to be very metadata-friendly, which sucks because the application our content creators do their authoring in (Adobe Captivate) also lacks a way to mark up content components, and even trying to apply metadata at the object level (the whole module) means digging into file properties and adding unstructured keywords.  Yech.

      I'd love to make contact with any IAs or taxonomists who are working in the areas of e-learning, LMS, case management, or call center.  Thanks!

      Cheers,
      Nick

      Nicholas Berry

      Information Architect

      Amazon Seller Support

      P: 206.266.9856 | C: 206.817.2797

      image.png

    • Jim Tivy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2012

        Hi Nick

        We have an XML CCMS (content component management system) focusing on DITA and have some background with learning content.  Would be happy to chat sometime.

        Skype is Jimt dot vanc, email jimt at bluestream.com

        Jim

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2012
          Hi there Nick,

          have you contemplated anything along the lines of Content Analytics and/or Intelligent Classification?
          How do you manage the lifecycle of the content?
          We use tools that cover both, so if you'd like i'm happy to talk some more.

          cheers,

          Alan Gregg

          alan.d.gregg@...
          +61 3 90909355