Re: facilitating taxonomy workshops and development

  • proudfit_bill
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
      I recommend you try to gain some general skills in facilitation to learn how to elicit what people are thinking about when they organize their information. A 2 or 3 days workshop would be worth the expense, time and effort. Some possible places to start:

      Straits Knowledge in Singapore - Patrick Lambe and Edgar Tan have published this very good reference "KM Approaches, Methods and Tools - A Guidebook". Straits Knowledge also offers workshops from time to time.
      http://store.straitsknowledge.com/

      Cognitive Edge's Accreditation workshops are offered throughout the world. You can learn how to elicit from people how they are making 'sense' of their world and this can be quite useful when combined when creating a taxonomy.
      http://www.cognitive-edge.com/calendar-accreditation.php

      The Institute of Cultural Affairs - Taiwan - a good source of information and excellent workshops if you are in Asia-Pacific - they use 'Technology of Participation' methodologies
      https://sites.google.com/site/icataiw/home-page

      International Association of Facilitators - for general information on facilitation
      http://www.iaf-world.org/index.aspx