Seeking an experienced Media Taxonomist to work for media company in New York, N

  • foxfire274
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2011
      LAC Group is working closely with our client — a prestigious media company located in New York (Manhattan) — looking for highly-experienced and qualified candidates for the position of Media Taxonomist. The Media Taxonomist's primary focus will be to create documentation for managing taxonomies and thesauri and also to develop and implement metadata and media strategies.

      Our ideal candidate will have experience in developing taxonomies, formal ontologies (OWL), thesauri and other types of controlled vocabularies. Must also have experience in creating and implementing metadata schemas, be familiar with data-management standards, tools, and technologies (e.g. XML, XSLT, RDF, SQL) and have some experience in or familiarity with relevant metadata, file formats and standards related to broadcast media, such as PBCore, EBU Core, MPEG21.

      To Apply: In order to be considered please apply via this link: http://bit.ly/MediaTaxonomist

      To view all of our open opportunities please visit: http://careers.lac-group.com/

      LAC Group is an EOE/AA Employer who values diversity in the workplace.