SLA Taxonomy Division One Year Anniversary

  • Mrs Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2010
      - Apologies for cross-posting -

      The Taxonomy Division of the Special Libraries Association is celebrating our 1st anniversary!  A year has already gone by and so much has been accomplished.  Highlights include:
      - Nearly 200 members and growing
      - Sponsored/co-sponsored more than 10 taxonomy-related sessions at the SLA 2010 annual conference in New Orleans
      - Established a webinar series for Division members

      On the topic of webinars, here are our upcoming sessions:
      Oct. 26 - 1pm EDT Wendi Pohs will speak on Taxonomy Mapping
      Nov. 18 - 1pm EST Marti Heyman will speak about Taxonomies: Build vs. Buy
      Visit the wiki for details as they emerge

      Some of the benefits of membership in the SLA Taxonomy Division include:
      - Adding to or strengthening your knowledge with professional development opportunities and events, such as the webinar series
      - Participating in discussions and interacting with others on the wiki, including members-only sections such as the Taxonomy Times, our quarterly bulletin
      - Being part of a global network of people working in related roles
      - Driving the direction of the Division and building your résumé by getting involved in committees

      To Join the SLA Taxonomy Division, visit http://www.sla.org and select the "Join SLA" link in the Membership menu.  Membership in one division (such as the Taxonomy Division) is free.

      * Note: If you have joined the Division, but have not yet received access information for the webinars, please contact Christine Connors  or Terri Zimmer