Taxonomy project

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2010

      Hi there – we need to staff a large taxonomy project asap.  If you know of anyone, please send a resume to Jeannine@... by Thursday Sept 16th

      Need the 8 to 9 resources in the following roles:

      -       Senior Taxonomists with online retail, product merchandising and/or MDM experience

      -       EntrytoMidLevel Taxonomists with a combination of MLIS and/or significant consulting experience

      -       Project Management with medium to large team leadership of Information Architecture (IA), taxonomy, product data quality and/or MDM engagements in large corporate settings

      This fastramp project requires you to “put your name in the hat” no later than Thursday evening,

      40 hours weekly, excluding client holidays and the last week of 2010

      CEO
      _____________________________

      EARLEY & ASSOCIATES, Inc.
      Cell: 781-820-8080

      Email: seth@...
      Web: www.earley.com

      Follow me on twitter: sethearley

      Connect with me on  LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/sethearley

    • Banan, Gabrielle
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 15, 2010

        I might know someone - where is the job located?  Or can it all be done long-distance?

        Gabrielle Banan
        Information Architect
        Delta Air Lines
        Dept 705, 1030 Delta Blvd.
        Atlanta, GA 30354-1989
        (404) 773-8704
        gabrielle.banan@...

        Gabrielle
        3-8704

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 15, 2010

          Needs to be on site in Minneapolis.

          CEO
          _____________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 15, 2010

            OK, thanks - the person I'm thinking of lives in Atlanta and he won't move because of family obligations.

            Gabrielle
            3-8704

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 15, 2010
              Thanks for reading.  I'm looking for title and salary surveys that would cover entry level positions working with semi-automated metadata application and controlled vocabularies.  I know I've seen such surveys before, and I know I've participated in them, but I'm having a hard time finding a direct path to, at least, one with up-to-date information at the moment.

              Please advise if you know of a resource and thank you.

              Keith

              Keith DeWeese

              Director, Information and Semantics Management

              Tribune Interactive - The Tribune Company

              http://www.tribune.com

              kdeweese@...

              +1-312-527-8740

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 15, 2010

                What about for excellent money and experience?  (Not to mention prestige) J

                To all who think their contacts won’t be interested, please pass their name on to jeannine@... in order to give them the opportunity. They can always put their hat in the ring and decide to not do the project if things do not work out…

                Sometimes people make suprising deciions or their circumstances have changed.  <smile>.

                CEO

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 16, 2010

                  Well, you're right of course - and I will.   I work for Delta Air Lines, and the fellow I'm thinking of, Gary, used to work here, too, which is how I know him. He left several years ago and now works for another company in Atlanta, but is not too happy. He's a good taxonomist.  But I know he and his brother are sharing the care of their elderly mother, so going out of town for more than a day or so is kind of out of the question for him at the moment.

                  I'd snap that one up myself, if I were still a contractor, but at this point I've got to hang in with Delta for the health insurance at least until Medicare kicks in for my husband.  Life is so complicated, isn't it? But I'm sure if excellent money, prestige and experience are involved, you won't have any trouble finding somebody good -

                  Gabrielle
                  3-8704