text analysis tools?

  • Nick Berry
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 26, 2010
      Hi, sorry if this question has been posted before.  I searched the archives but couldn't find anything.  Anyway, I'm in the market for a good text analysis/mining tool that can use basic semantic rules to extract phrases and key concepts from multiple documents on a server.  It has to be able to compile the text from multiple files without my having to load them all individually.

      We have gigabytes of customer emails that are just begging to be mined for VOC purposes.  :)

      Thanks,
      Nick
    • Gabriel Tanase
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 26, 2010
        IBM InfoSphere Classification Module
        Not sure whether its functionality includes "semantic rules" (whatever this is taken to mean), however it does include several different classification methods.

        No, I haven't used it; yes, I work for IBM, however not as a salesperson and not in the group that creates this product. My team has been looking at it for a purpose loosely similar to yours in the same area of automatic concept extraction. I'm afraid I can't disclose more.

        HTH,
        Gabriel
        ----------
        http://ie.linkedin.com/in/gabrieltanase

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 26, 2010
          Related IBM products:
          InfoSphere Content Collector Discovery Analytics
          Cognos Content Analytics

          Obviously, these do not do just automatic extraction from documents. The brief product information at these links might give you ideas towards a richer, extended solution.

          Best regards,
          Gabriel

          On 26 March 2010 19:42, Gabriel Tanase <gabtanase@...> wrote:
[...]

        • Gouwens Elizabeth C (Beth)
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 26, 2010

            Nick,

            SmartLogic Semaphore has a TextMiner tool as part of the suite. (Seth Earley is hosting a series of vendor showcases featuring SmartLogic http://www.earley.com/webinars/vendor-showcases). It  functions as part of the Ontology Manager tool though.

            Beth

            Your SRP Libraries… Delivering More Than Books

            Elizabeth Gouwens

            Library Analyst

            SRP | MS: PAB113 | 1521 N. Project Dr | Tempe, AZ 85281

            Voice: 602.236.5676 | Fax: 602.629.8585

            http://www.srpnet.com

            P please consider the environment before printing this email

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 26, 2010
              Lexalytics has a tool for sentiment and text analysis (http://www.lexalytics.com/). I used it when I created taxonomies for a dot com/news aggregate.

            • Matt Moore
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 28, 2010