Re: [TaxoCoP] greetings from a new TaxoCoP member

  • marsha.glassner@gsa.gov
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2009
    Hi Eloise,

    When we talked I mentioned to you that we have some serious taxonomy
    problems. There's a chance I may be able to hire someone to take on this
    aspect of the project. Since this is federal government we aren't coy
    about salaries. I think I would be able to offer a starting salary of
    $55,015 though it's possible I would have to start someone at $44,976. The
    position would be in a professional development program in which one could
    expect to be promoted to a salary level of $79,781in 2-3 years. If you
    think you would be interested, please send me your resume.

    Marsha Glassner
    EDMS Team Leader
    Document & Web Management Branch, 9P1PGI
    GSA Region 9 PBS, Organizational Resources
    450 Golden Gate Ave., 4 East
    San Francisco, CA 94102-3434
    415.581.1712

    Eloise Marszalek
    <eloisem@... To
    m> TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com
    Sent by: cc
    TaxoCoP@yahoogrou
    ps.com Subject
    [TaxoCoP] greetings from a new
    TaxoCoP member
    10/05/2009 01:19
    PM

    Please respond to
    TaxoCoP@yahoogrou
    ps.com

    Greetings!
    I hope this email finds you all well! I just joined the TaxoCoP listserv and
    wanted to introduce myself. I have just completed my Master's of Library and
    Information Science from the University of Washington's Information School, where
    I specialized in metadata and taxonomy development/maintenance. I also garnered
    "real-world" experience through two amazing internship opportunities. I have now
    moved back the San Francisco Bay Area (where I'm from) after two years in Seattle
    and am launching a job search.
    More recently, I've gotten interested in how clean metadata and solid taxonomies
    are crucial to the information architecture field. A product of my user-centered
    education, I'm also very interested in user research and usability testing as no
    successful taxonomy or information architecture can be created in a vacuum.
    I'm thrilled to be joining the professional community on this listserv as I
    continue to learn more about taxonomies in practice.
    Sincerely,
    Eloise

    Eloise Marszalek
    MLIS 2009
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/eloisemarszalek
  • marsha.glassner@gsa.gov
    Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2009
    Sorry everyone - I didn't notice that the default reply was to the group!

    Marsha Glassner
    EDMS Team Leader
    Document & Web Management Branch, 9P1PGI
    GSA Region 9 PBS, Organizational Resources
    450 Golden Gate Ave., 4 East
    San Francisco, CA 94102-3434
    415.581.1712

    marsha.glassner@g
    sa.gov To
    Sent by: TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com
    TaxoCoP@yahoogrou cc
    ps.com
    Subject
    Re: [TaxoCoP] greetings from a new
    11/24/2009 04:00 TaxoCoP member [2 Attachments]
    PM

    Please respond to
    TaxoCoP@yahoogrou
    ps.com