Re: [TaxoCoP] word/phrase extracting/sorting tools [1 Attachment]

  • Matt Moore
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2009
      Hi,

      I think there's 3 aspects to these tools worth considering:
      - Where the text comes from do you have to enter the text manually? Can you just point it at a server? How does it cope with multiple file formats?
      - What does it do? Is it just counting? Is there fancy statistical or semantic analysis?
      - What form do the outputs take? Stats? Visuals?

      The more functionality you want at each step: i. the more processing power you'll need & ii. the less likely the tool is to be free.

      Another option is to examine the search logs for frequency of search terms (assuming your organisation has a search tool that people use). In some ways, this is easier than text crunching and may yield better results if you are interested in taxonomy from a UX perspective.

      Regards,

      Matt