Intro to Taxo Development Webinar Input

  • jennybenevento
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2009
      I am doing an intro to taxo development webinar next week, and I thought I'd ask the community if there's anything you think librarians really need to know about our work. As a librarian myself, it's hard to separate the two, so some impartial voices would help me tighten the slides. And make for more informed customers!

      As more and more people try to do their own taxos in house, there's a lot more of these one hour "learn everything" seminars, which, by their time limit can't teach you everything. If one of these small orgs were to come to you and ask you to develop their taxo, what would you want them to know in order to be a good client?

      The class is for the American Library Association's Assn of College & Research Librarians, so some of them might be catalogers, generally familiar with info organization & data classification. However, it could generally be anyone who is in the organization. Here's the description if it helps:

      http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/acrl/events/elearning/courses/taxonomy.cfm

      Thanks!
      ~J