Permission to post update on getMETAsmart

  • David Riecks
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2009
      Seth gave permission to post the following.....
      ~~~

      Our getMETAsmart events have received rave reviews in the West. One attendee noted the subject matter - photographic metadata - had the potential for being a "snoozefest" ( http://www.jmg-galleries.com/blog/2009/06/18/get-on-the-metadata-bandwagon-via-getmetasmart/ ), but the evening was interesting, enlightening and often fun. It also offered a good opportunity for networking. And the price - free - was affordable.

      The tour, funded by an award from the Library of Congress and industry partners, arrives in the East this week, with events Monday evening at the School of the Visual Arts Theatre in New York and Thursday evening at The Washington Post. In addition to a full dose of information about how to use metadata to catalog, protect and find images, the evening includes a social hour with refreshments and a drawing for a great set of door prizes for those who register in advance.

      http://www.photometadata.org/META-Events

      I hope to see you at one of the events.

      David

      --
      David Riecks  (that's "i" before "e", but the "e" is silent)
      Need Keywords for your database? Get the Controlled Vocabulary Solution