introduction

  • Dorothy Tuma
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 14, 2009

      Hello,

      I am a new member and wanted to introduce myself.  I am currently the Search Vocabulary Team Lead at Getty Images in Seattle.  I manage the taxonomy for the descriptive search metadata, although this often overlaps with normalization of metadata coming from a variety of image collections and sources.  I also do lots of standards enforcement and development.  In light of this, I have often suggested my job title be changed to Team Taxonomator or Lead Vocabulatrix, but so far – no luck ; )

      I consider myself lucky that the main challenge of my job are often quite interesting.  It’s all about near constant priority-shifting to meet changing business needs, and balancing good taxonomy management with whatever tweaks will increase searchablity, and thus revenue.

      Finally, I’ll be leaving Getty at the end of March, since my team's function has been relocated to Dublin – I’m considering what to do next, and feel I can learn much about next steps by observing what you guys are doing.  I also hope to ask questions and contribute my thoughts to discussions.

      Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

      Thanks,

      Dorothy Tuma