Content Management and Taxonomy Software Integration

  • DonnaSlawsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4 8:07 AM
      Hi all! I'm working with a client that has a large internally
      developed content management system (CMS) and an ontology/taxonomy
      maintenance system (TMS) that utilizes the OWL standard and semantic
      technology. They haven't yet integrated the two systems. The CMS
      currently can support a only navigational taxonomy. There is
      currently no taxonomy management tool within the CMS, so updates to
      the taxonomy are very cumbersome to implement. Descriptive taxonomies
      (controlled vocabularies about general topics like Home, Food, Beauty,
      Fashion -- and can be used across all the company's properties) are
      maintained in the TMS.

      The company is considering purchase of a new taxonomy system
      utilizing semantic technology. This system would be integrated with
      the CMS using some sort of "bridge" architecture.

      We're interested in how other companies, especially media companies,
      have integrated taxonomy software with their CMS or DAM systems. If
      you know of a case study, or if your company has purchased any
      taxonomy maintenance system (not necessarily semantic technology
      enabled) that is integrated with a CMS or DAM, please let me know.
      You can contact me on or off list at donnaslawsky@.... I'll
      summarize the information gathered for the group.

      Thanks as always for your input and assistance.

      All the best for the holidays,
      Donna Slawsky
      Taxonomy & Metadata Consultant
      donnaslawsky@...