Terry Smith introduction

  • Terry Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1 12:43 PM

      I just signed up for the TaxoCoP group, and would like to introduce myself.

      Healthwise produces consumer-oriented healthcare information both for online use and in books. I have produced and manage the taxonomy we have built to index our online documents for use by a search engine. We are supporting both professional medical searches (a doctor might search for hypertension) and consumer-based search (a patient might search for high blood pressure) and expect both searchers to get the same search results. We also map medical billing codes to our content by associating them with the taxonomy concepts to allow electronic identification of our medical information relevant to a diagnosis.

      I look forward to learning what else is going on in the field of taxonomy construction and management by listening to all of you.

      Terrance Smith, PhD, ELS

      Metadata Architect

      Healthwise

      tsmith@...

      208.331.6921 phone

      208.345.1897 fax

      www.healthwise.org

      Healthwise helps people make better health decisions.