TopBraid Suite

  • DonnaSlawsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2008
      Hi all. Has anyone had experience with Top Quadrant's TopBraid Suite™
      a set of integrated semantic solution products? We're evaluating it
      to replace our proprietary ontology management tool and are looking
      for feedback from users of the products.

      Thanks!
      Donna Slawsky
      Taxonomy and Metadata Consultant
      donnaslawsky@...
    • Harry A Pape
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2008
        We are beginning to approach its use in the Air Force as we continue our journey to implementing a Semantic SOA.  Folks are eagerly anticipating its availability.

        hap
        Hi all. Has anyone had experience with Top Quadrant's TopBraid Suite™
        a set of integrated semantic solution products? We're evaluating it
        to replace our proprietary ontology management tool and are looking
        for feedback from users of the products.

        Thanks!
        Donna Slawsky
        Taxonomy and Metadata Consultant
        donnaslawsky@ yahoo.com

      • Tony Shaw
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2008
          We use TopBraid in our ontology design seminars. You can get a 30-day
          trial version for free. It's not perfect yet, but the TopQuadrant
          folks are working diligently as ironing out the bugs. We find it has
          a richer set of features than Protege and at this early stage of the
          tools market it is regarded as the market leader.

          Tony Shaw
          Semantic Universe

          --- In TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com, "DonnaSlawsky" <donnaslawsky@...> wrote:

          > Hi all. Has anyone had experience with Top Quadrant's TopBraid Suite™
          > a set of integrated semantic solution products? We're evaluating it
          > to replace our proprietary ontology management tool and are looking
          > for feedback from users of the products.
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Donna Slawsky
          > Taxonomy and Metadata Consultant
          > donnaslawsky@...

        • cveres
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 22, 2008
            Hi Donna,

            I have been a user of Protege since the times when it was pretty much
            entirely a frame based modeling tool, and have lived through the many
            incarnations of the OWL plugin, which was written by Holger Knublauch.
            While I have a great deal of reverence for Protege, I must say the 30
            days I spent with TopBraid was absolute bliss.

            Holger is one of the main players at Top Quadrant, and you can really
            see his experience with the Protege OWL plugin shining through in the
            TopBraid product. It has polished versions of many of the features
            which were in their infancy in Protege. Some of these are
            * visualization of ontologies
            * proper namespace management
            * seamless integration of reasoning tools
            * good support for SPARQL queries

            It also has a number of additional features like import from XML
            schema, spreadsheets, etc. and a visual query builder, which I never
            had a chance to try.

            I think in a commercial environment it is the only game in town right
            now (that I know of, anyway). You should really try it!

            good luck,

            Csaba Veres