Re: [TaxoCoP] New linked Internet indexes to "hobbies" and "sports"

  • Jay Maechtlen
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2008
      Martin Carbone wrote:
      > New linked Internet indexes to "hobbies" and "sports"
      >
      > Here is our new linked index to hobbies -- just put up today.
      > http://www.howto-ville.com/hobbies.html
      >
      > Compare it to wikipedia's list of hobbies
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies
      >
      > Also check out our linked Internet index to "sports" which was derived
      > from our "hobbies" index
      > http://www.howto-ville.com/sports.html

      As a car buff, I think Wikipedia has it covered better.
      Still, your list is coming along nicely.
      Cheers
      Jay
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2008
        Hi folks

        We had the honour of hosting Christine Connors and Marti Heyman, now both with Dow Jones, at the Information and Knowledge Management Society here in Singapore in mid-March. The videos and slides of the event are now available, and I thought the members of this list might find them interesting.

        Christine talked about building user-oriented taxonomies, recounting in part her experience at Raytheon. Marti took a tough knuckles approach to a very tricky topic, building an ROI analysis for a taxonomy project.

        Christine's talk is at http://tinyurl.com/4u6xbl

        Marti's talk is at http://tinyurl.com/4axclp

        Best wishes

        Patrick