Re: [TaxoCoP] New linked Internet indexes to "hobbies" and "sports"

  • Jay Maechtlen
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19 12:06 AM
      Martin Carbone wrote:
      > New linked Internet indexes to "hobbies" and "sports"
      >
      > Here is our new linked index to hobbies -- just put up today.
      > http://www.howto-ville.com/hobbies.html
      >
      > Compare it to wikipedia's list of hobbies
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies
      >
      > Also check out our linked Internet index to "sports" which was derived
      > from our "hobbies" index
      > http://www.howto-ville.com/sports.html

      As a car buff, I think Wikipedia has it covered better.
      Still, your list is coming along nicely.
      Cheers
      Jay
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19 1:15 AM
        Hi folks

        We had the honour of hosting Christine Connors and Marti Heyman, now both with Dow Jones, at the Information and Knowledge Management Society here in Singapore in mid-March. The videos and slides of the event are now available, and I thought the members of this list might find them interesting.

        Christine talked about building user-oriented taxonomies, recounting in part her experience at Raytheon. Marti took a tough knuckles approach to a very tricky topic, building an ROI analysis for a taxonomy project.

        Christine's talk is at http://tinyurl.com/4u6xbl

        Marti's talk is at http://tinyurl.com/4axclp

        Best wishes

        Patrick