web site indexing course

  • Heather Hedden
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2005
      This is a general announcement that I am now accepting registrations for the fall session of the online course:

      Creating Web Site A-Z Indexes
      • Core 8-week course begins September 26, for $250
      • Additional 3 supplemental lessons in indexing techniques for additional $100 (for those without indexing experience)
      • Additional 2 preliminary lessons in HTML, beginning September 12, for additional $40 (for those without HTML experience)
      The course features text, exercises, discussion group, individualized feedback, use of downloadable freeware or free demo software.

      More information is available at: http://hedden-information.com/courses.htm

      Heather Hedden
      Hedden Information Management
      Carlisle, MA
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2005
        Though I have not seen Heather's course, indexing is an excellent perspective to take when developing a taxonomy.  An indexer looks at content and says "hmm...  what are the concepts in these pages.  What terms can be used to describe them..."  Someone building a taxonomy says "What are the overall terms that apply to this body of knowledge?  Now let me associate them with this content..."

        And the process of tagging the content with terms from the taxo is the act of indexing.

        Looks like an interesting outline.

        Earley & Associates, Inc

        781-444-0287

        781-820-8080 cell

        Next taxo conference call August 31st PM EDT
        "Enterprise Metadata Models and Taxonomy Development"
        Registration and agenda at www.earley.com/events.htm

        Taxonomy Community of Practice