Making progress on the Internet Index

  • Martin Carbone
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2008
      The "A" list of our A-Z Internet Index is about 50% complete and (we
      think) worthy of evaluating seriously.

      Please check out <<http://www.howto-ville.com/a.html>> and let me know
      what you think.

      You will find a good selection of linked "A" topics (400+ of them).

      The topics link to the "A" topics at the following 6 targets:
      (1)about.com
      (2)alphabeticalist.com
      (3)bubl link
      (4)nytimes.com
      (5)wikipedia.com
      (6)google.com

      The topics also point to some websites. Collectively, these topics
      point (almost) directly to well over 200,000 topics or articles.

      For the NY Times and About.com this is a complete selection of their
      "a" topics as of 12/31/07.

      For wikipedia, we have not yet mined the entire "a" topics.

      For Bubl Link, we link directly to their "Main Subject List". All
      other bubl subjects can be reached by going to their website:
      <<http://bubl.ac.uk/index.html>>. At a later date will add links to
      other sites.

      For Google -- we point to all their "Top" categories and all their
      "Level 1" categories

      This "A" list is a prototype list -- the other letter lists will be
      done in this same way before we are finished.

      We have revised our estimate of the number of topics needed to Index
      the entire Internet. Based on the 394 "A" topics now posted, we should
      wind up with about 700 entries on that list and perhaps 15,000 entries
      on the entire list. That is way less than our previous estimate.

      Let me know what you think.

      Marty