Common / Controlled Vocabularies

  • Jeff Parks
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2007
      I'm looking for resources on creating controlled / common vocabularies.
      Does anyone have suggestions on tools or process?

      Thanks,
      Jeff
    • Keipat Patkei
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2007
        Hi Jeff,

        I would start with the ANSI/NISO Z39.19 -2005
        "Guidelines for the Construction, Format, and
        Management of Monolingual Controlled Vocabularies,"
        http://www.niso.org/standards/standard_detail.cfm?std_id=814.

        Not quite sure what you mean by "common vocabularies."
        That's a new one for me.

        All the best,

        Keith DeWeese