Job Opening-Search/Taxonomy/Knowledge Mgmt
- We have an exciting opportunity available on our Knowledge Management team at Abbott. Responsibilities include enterprise search and taxonomy leadership. If you are interested, visit http://www.abbott.com/ and navigate to Careers > Explore Job Opportunities at Abbott > Abbott United States > Search Openings. Applications are accepted directly through the site. A copy of the job description is below for reference.Emmi CostelloProject Manager, Knowledge ManagementAbbott------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Job Title: Project Manager, Knowledge Management
Job Family: Information Technology, Corporate Services
Job Category: Full-Time
Job Classification: Experienced
Division: Corporate Finance and Administration
Job Description: Abbott, a Fortune 100 healthcare company is seeking a dynamic and innovative professional to provide enterprise search and taxonomy leadership for corporate-wide knowledge management solutions that support information needs of all Abbott's lines of business and employees in 130 countries.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide internal consulting for search and taxonomy areas of expertise including vocabulary development, content assessment classification and organization, and enterprise search strategies for web, database and other content sources.
- Cultivate strategic internal partnerships and understand information needs to facilitate development of end-user information access solutions in support of business strategy.
- Investigate and recommend search and taxonomy technology solutions that are address project requirements.
- Manage and prioritize search and taxonomy portfolios; coordinate teamwork of corporate and affiliate partners in enterprise search and taxonomy program.
- Identify and source necessary human resources to accommodate search and taxonomy project needs.
- Manage project-specific financial resources and identify potential cost savings.
- Represent the Library Information Resources group on corporate-wide teams to ensure that investment in enterprise search and taxonomy solutions are leveraged through the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in management of complex technical and knowledge management solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans.
- Minimum 3 years project or team leadership, including demonstrated consensus building and problem solving in a distributed team environment.
- Requires excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in global, corporate healthcare library environment preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience with taxonomy, metadata management, and/or search solutions is required. Knowledge and experience with Autonomy K2, IBM WebSphere Portal, and ILWCM products preferred, but not required.
Education Requirements: Masters degree in library and/or information science, or equivalent professional experience.
Significant Work Activities & Conditions: Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Percentage of Travel: 5%
Site Location: Lake County IL