Best Buy - Search Manager

  • Seth
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2007

      Here is an interesting position that our client asked me to post.  If you’d like some background you can send me a note off list.

      Seth Earley

      Cell: 781-820-8080

      Office: 781-444-0287
      Email: seth@...

      Search Manager

      Best Buy Corporation, Inc. is an innovative Fortune 100 growth company that continually strives to create superior customer experiences. Though more than 1,100 retail stores across the United States , Canada and China our employees connect customers with technology and entertainment products, as well as services. A Minneapolis-based company, our operations include Best Buy (BestBuy.com and BestBuy.ca), Future Shop (FutureShop.ca), Geek Squad (GeekSquad.com and GeekSquad.ca), Magnolia Audio Video (Magnoliaav.com), AUDIOVISIONS (www.avisions.com ), Pacific Sales Kitchen & Bath Inc. (www.pacificsales.com) and Jiangsu Five Star Appliance Co. (Five-star.cn) We support our communities through employee volunteerism and grants from The Best Buy Children's Foundation.

      At Best Buy, our most important asset is our people. We place a high value on learning and growth, and we encourage our employees to excel in their fields. We offer a rich array of benefits that help contribute to balanced lives, general well-being, and supportive personal and professional relationships. We also offer competitive pay, employee discounts, and excellent career opportunities.

      In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online application.

      Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer

      Job Description

      Search Manager
      The BestBuy.com Site Management Team is responsible for the customer experience for key features of the site such as checkout, search, navigation, my account, etc. The Search Manager position reports to the Sr. Site Manager and will be responsible for delivering a world class search experience on BestBuy.com. The Search Manager will be skilled in search technologies and new methods for incorporating data into relevancy models. This position combines both strategic and tactical elements of search and should be seen as the expert in site search.

      Key Areas of Responsibility

      -          Lead the strategy and implementation of search across all platforms, including Web and mobile

      -          Optimize existing search and browse systems

      -          Review user and merchant team feedback and make recommendations for improving the search and navigation experience

      -          Become an internal and external advocate for search technologies

      -          Work with content teams to ensure content standards support search queries

      -          Manage the taxonomy governance team

      -          Work with IT to articulate business/user requirements for enhancements and tune relevancy of results

      -          Conduct ongoing industry research and awareness of search innovations and industry developments and best practices

      -          Responsible for timely delivery of projects and management of search technology vendor

      Required Qualifications:

      ·          Bachelor's degree

      ·         4 + years managing the Search experience on Web sites .

      ·         2 + years of managing the search experience on a retail site.

      ·         4 + years of project management experience, leading large projects / initiatives.

      ·         2 +  years  of experience with User Interface (UI) design for the web.

      ·         Mobile application and interactive TV experience is a plus.

      ·          PMP certification