Folksonomies and Taxonomies - SPEAKERS WANTED

  • Stephanie Lemieux
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2007
      Hi all,

      I've been quiet for a while, but for those of you who don't know me, I
      manage the TaxoCoP monthly call series.

      The September 26 TaxoCoP call will be on Blending Folksonomies and
      Taxonomies... Thought this thread might be a good opportunity to
      invite anyone involved in using both approaches in their organization
      to speak. Presentations are 20 minutes each.

      Please contact me, stephanie@..., if you are interested or know
      someone who might be good for this topic.

      Thanks!
      Stephanie

      --- In TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com, "mednewsalerts" <mednewsalerts@...> wrote:

      > Andrew McAfee of HBS started Cases 2.0, an excellent resource for Web
      > 2.0 technology inside enterprises, or Enterprise 2.0:
      >
      > http://www.socialtext.net/cases2/index.cgi?cases_2_0
      >
      > See also:
      > http://www.google.com/search?q=honeywell+tagging
      >
      > -Mike Rogers

    • Linda Kenny Sloan
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 16, 2007
        I haven't heard anything more about your class. Can you give us an update?

        Sincerely,
        Linda Kenny Sloan

        On Tue Jul 31 10:55 , "Kathryn La Barre" sent:

        >Leslie Owens and I will be teaching a distance education class in thesaurus
        construction and use at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science
        through the University of Illinois. Scheduled for Fall, it begins August 28th.

        >Kathryn La Barre
        >Assistant Professor
        >GSLIS/UIUC
        >

        >On 7/31/07, Kathleen.a.ellis@... <Kathleen.a.ellis@...
        >> wrote:
        >

        >Does anyone know if there is a course in thesaurus design and construct being
        offered in the US in 2007?

        >--
        >Kathryn La Barre
        >Assistant Professor
        >
        >GSLIS/ UIUC

      • Kathryn La Barre
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 16, 2007
          Class doesn't begin until the week after next on August 28th, but I
          will share the syllabus when it is completed.

          Best,

          Kathryn

          --
          Kathryn La Barre