Re: Cases of folksonomies used within organisations

  • mednewsalerts
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2007
      Andrew McAfee of HBS started Cases 2.0, an excellent resource for Web
      2.0 technology inside enterprises, or Enterprise 2.0:

      http://www.socialtext.net/cases2/index.cgi?cases_2_0

      See also:
      http://www.google.com/search?q=honeywell+tagging

      -Mike Rogers

      --- In TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com, Matt Moore <laalgadger@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I have trying to track down uses of tagging / social
      > bookmarking / folksonomies used within organisations.
      >
      > I am aware of IBM's Dogear and the use of Cogenz by
      > BUPA in the UK but are you aware of any others can can
      > you point towards the supporting material (if any)?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Matt Moore

      > Got a little couch potato?

    • Stephanie Lemieux
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2007
        Hi all,

        I've been quiet for a while, but for those of you who don't know me, I
        manage the TaxoCoP monthly call series.

        The September 26 TaxoCoP call will be on Blending Folksonomies and
        Taxonomies... Thought this thread might be a good opportunity to
        invite anyone involved in using both approaches in their organization
        to speak. Presentations are 20 minutes each.

        Please contact me, stephanie@..., if you are interested or know
        someone who might be good for this topic.

        Thanks!
        Stephanie

        --- In TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com, "mednewsalerts" <mednewsalerts@...> wrote:

        > Andrew McAfee of HBS started Cases 2.0, an excellent resource for Web
        > 2.0 technology inside enterprises, or Enterprise 2.0:
        >
        > http://www.socialtext.net/cases2/index.cgi?cases_2_0
        >
        > See also:
        > http://www.google.com/search?q=honeywell+tagging
        >
        > -Mike Rogers

      • Linda Kenny Sloan
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 16, 2007
          I haven't heard anything more about your class. Can you give us an update?

          Sincerely,
          Linda Kenny Sloan

          On Tue Jul 31 10:55 , "Kathryn La Barre" sent:

          >Leslie Owens and I will be teaching a distance education class in thesaurus
          construction and use at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science
          through the University of Illinois. Scheduled for Fall, it begins August 28th.

          >Kathryn La Barre
          >Assistant Professor
          >GSLIS/UIUC
          >

          >On 7/31/07, Kathleen.a.ellis@... <Kathleen.a.ellis@...
          >> wrote:
          >

          >Does anyone know if there is a course in thesaurus design and construct being
          offered in the US in 2007?

          >--
          >Kathryn La Barre
          >Assistant Professor
          >
          >GSLIS/ UIUC

        • Kathryn La Barre
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 16, 2007
            Class doesn't begin until the week after next on August 28th, but I
            will share the syllabus when it is completed.

            Best,

            Kathryn

            --
            Kathryn La Barre