Documentation and Training Vancouver - The User Experience - April 18-21, 2007

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2007
      The 8th Annual Documentation and Training Conference held for the
      first time on the west coast in beautiful downtown Vancouver, BC. This
      year, we focus on the increasing importance of the user experience in
      our work as technical communication and training professionals.
      Specifically, we focus our energies on the new tools and emerging
      technologies that are changing customer expectations including:
      structured blogging, wikis, user-generated content, podcasting, hosted
      content management, YouTube, AJAX, Flex, the Semantic Web, DITA,
      S1000D, experience design, information architecture, and XML
      syndication. Each of these hot topics are creating new career
      opportunities for technical communicators and changing the
      expectations of the users we serve.

      The workshops, presentations, and roundtable discussions we have lined
      up for you are lead by the best and brightest practitioners in our
      industry. Each presenter has committed to providing you with a
      top-notch educational experience loaded with practical information
      that you can use when you return to work.

      Registration price includes FREE pre- and post-conference half-day
      workshops (Adobe Captivate, the Darwin Information Typing
      Architecture, Information Architecture, Taxonomy Development, and
      Managing and Delivering Dynamic, Personalized Content).

      Whether you can attend the entire show or not, you'll want to stop by
      our Technology Showcase -- it's free (thanks to the folks at Adobe
      Systems and Astoria Software). Our Technology Showcase is a one-stop
      shop for anyone looking for new software tools or services. Software
      vendors and service providers will be on hand to demonstrate their
      tools and tout their latest service offerings. And, of course, there's
      free food (and later in the day -- cocktails and music!)

      Our keynote speaker, angel investor and structured content guru Salim
      Ismail, rounds out the event. He will deliver an exciting and
      thought-provoking message about the future of the XML
      publish/subscribe model of content delivery and its impact on the way
      we work today and in the near future. Some of the many featured STC
      speakers include: Ann Rockley, Bernard Aschwanden, Neil Perlin, Rahel
      Bailie, Thom Haller, Char James-Tanny, Kit Brown, and Tom Johnson.

      Check out the schedule: http://www.doctrain.com

      Questions? Contact Scott Abel at 317-466-1840 or via email
      abelsp@....

      Hope to see you there!

      Scott Abel
      The Content Wrangler, Inc.
      6178 Crittenden Avenue
      Indianapolis, IN 46220 USA
      +1 317-466-1840
      skype: abelsp
      email: abelsp@...
      web: www.thecontentwrangler.com

      DOCUMENTATION & TRAINING: THE USER EXPERIENCE
      APR 18-21, 2007 ~ Vancouver BC
      Learn more: http://www.doctrain.com