Apologies (WAS Need input for eContent article)

  • Darin Stewart
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      Folks -
      I had not intended for my last two posts to go to the full list. My apologies for the extra bandwidth.

      -dls-

      Darin L. Stewart, Ph.D.
      Director, Research Information Services
      Oregon Health & Science University
      503.494.9119
      >>> sandi@... 11/30/06 7:12 PM >>>
      Hi Darin, SiberLogic also uses RDF (and OWL) for SiberSafe's semantic
      knowledge modeling platform. It is a taxonomy management system, but it's
      also more so I guess it could fit into your category of "most innovative
      approaches to XML and taxonomies". Because it goes hand in hand with our
      XML CMS, you can generate draft product documentation from the formal
      knowledge model, and then get notified if and when the model changes, so
      your documentation is always in step with your product. Sounds easy for a
      small product, right? But think aircraft, or tanks, or the US Army's MULE
      vehicle, and it turns out to be a pretty big deal. Especially if you team
      it with a spec like S1000D, though that's not absolutely necessary - we also
      have US government customers using it for things like grants and
      applications. Anyway, just let me know if you need additional info and I'll
      share what I am able. This is all real-life stuff.

      Cheers,

      Sandi Castle

      SiberLogic, Inc.

      _____