AJAX and Usability Presentation

  • Jeff Parks
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006

      Good morning,

      As Vice-Chair of CapCHI, I’m pleased to let you know on October 19th, 2006 / 7:00pm at bitHeads, we will be having Mr. Mike Atyeo from Neo Insight present on the topic of AJAX and Usability.  In this talk, Mr. Atyeo will outline what AJAX is, what it can do, and its implications for usability. He will view good and bad examples of AJAX in action and provide approaches to dealing with the range of usability issues of AJAX .

      AJAX is one of the technologies to be found under the “Web 2.0” banner. Some of these technologies – including AJAX – will have a big impact on usability practices. AJAX brings new opportunities to designers, but also new pitfalls and responsibilities. AJAX frees developers from many traditional Web constraints, but demands additional attention to design, especially to the details of interaction. Use of AJAX also forces designers to deal explicitly with a number of functions previously provided by browsers. Neglecting these can create serious usability problems.

      If you are in the Ottawa area, I hope you will make the time to join us for this presentation!  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.  You can find all of the details to this presentation and a number of other topics on our recently launched Blog: http://www.capchi.org/community/

      Jeff Parks

      President • Chief Information Architect

      I.A. Consultants

      Tel (613) 761-7724 * Cell (613) 850-3218 * Fax (613) 761-1226

      Website: http://www.iaconsultants.ca

      Podcast: http://iapodcast.blogspot.com/